Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 526d80c: Port chart.el methods to cl-generic.

From: Mark Oteiza
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 526d80c: Port chart.el methods to cl-generic.
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2016 11:00:15 -0500

On Jan 1, 2016 9:14 AM, "Stefan Monnier" <address@hidden> wrote:
> >     cl-call-next-method cannot be used inside EIEIO's defmethod.
>
> I don't understand this comment: "call-next-method" doesn't seem to
> appear within your patch.

It's the motivation for the patch. cl-call-next-method appears in two
chart-axis-draw methods.

> >     * lisp/emacs-lisp/chart.el: Require cl-generic at compile time.
>
> Actually, cl-generic is not a compile-time-only library: the cl-generic
> macros expand to run-time calls to cl-generic functions.

I see. Alternatively, both cl-defmethod and the function to which
it expands are autoloaded so requiring cl-generic isn't even
necessary.

Lots of libraries in Emacs using generics leave out the require. What do you think I should do?