Re: The poor state of documentation of pcase like things.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: The poor state of documentation of pcase like things.
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2016 05:45:42 +0200

> From: Michael Heerdegen <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,  Daniel Colascione <address@hidden>,
> address@hidden
> Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2016 01:19:55 +0100
>
> I don't see how a pcase used like a cl-case - as in the quoted example -
> is any harder to read or understand.

Are you serious?  We've just had a long discussion about its missing
or incomplete or inadequate documentation, including a long dispute
about whether it would be better to quote _.

My summary of that discussion is that the syntax is complicated and
quite weird.

Using such a beast where it is not required makes reading harder
because it requires the reader to understand its syntax, if nothing
else.