Re: The poor state of documentation of pcase like things.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: The poor state of documentation of pcase like things.
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2016 16:52:14 +0100

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> On 01/03/2016 05:15 PM, David Kastrup wrote:
>
>> So why would people write
>>
>> (pcase exp
>>    (`nil nil) ...
>
> Easier to just use the same kind of quote everywhere?

More like "easier" to just use the _only_ documented kind of quote for
pcase everywhere.  We don't use quasiquote all over the rest of Emacs
just because it is "easier to just use the same kind of quote
everywhere".

>> ?  What's with the overuse of quasiquote?
>
> You should ask those people.

I suspect it would be the poor state of documentation of pcase like
things.

At any rate, while we are still figuring out how to use and not use
pcase in the Emacs code base, I don't see the point in diverting the
discussion to emacs-tangents silently.

However, it would seem to indicate that the proponents of pcase do not
want to see their actions discussed, so I'm not going to respond to this
thread anymore either way.  It would appear that we are on course
replacing consensual agreed-upon action with battling commits and
stifling speech.

--
David Kastrup