Sending automatic crash reports to the FSF (was: Crash recovery strategi

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Sending automatic crash reports to the FSF (was: Crash recovery strategies)
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2016 15:33:40 -0800

> More generally, how do we feel about automatically sending crash reports to
> the FSF? Of course, we'd send reports stripped of personally identifiable
> information, as is standard practice.

This is a really good question. The number of users we have, compared to the
number of people able to field such reports, is what makes me wary. Perhaps we
could have a separate mailing list for such reports, without turning them into
bugs automatically, just to keep us abreast of possible recurring patterns. It
might even become a useful way to gather some statistics.