Re: Crash recovery strategies

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Crash recovery strategies
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2016 15:47:23 -0800

> If implementing a scheme like this is what it takes to kill the stack
> overflow code, I think I can implement it.

Even if we don't kill the stack overflow code, would you be interested in
trying out your async spawn idea? That might have other useful applications
too. In fact, I've wanted to move async.el's ideas into the C level for a
while (to avoid text-based marshalling between parent and child Emacsen), and
this could dovetail beautifully with that desire...