Re: Dynamic modules: MODULE_HANDLE_SIGNALS etc.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Dynamic modules: MODULE_HANDLE_SIGNALS etc.
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 17:27:25 +0200

> From: Daniel Colascione <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 13:31:49 -0800
>
> I'd also support doing no auto-save at crash time. Auto-save should
> happen frequently enough anyway that users shouldn't lose much data when
> a crash happens, and not auto-saving sidesteps a lot of robustness concerns.

I have my auto-save-timeout customized to 15 since about forever, but
I don't know what others will say about that.  We should ask users
before changing this.

In any case, disabling auto-save at crash time is out of the question,
IMO.  Precious stuff could come into a buffer from some fast source,
such as a program or a network connection, and in that case even
several seconds worth of data could be a lot.  Removing auto-save from
the emergency shut down would be a terrible mistake.