Re: Emacs Mac port

From: Andrés Ramírez
Subject: Re: Emacs Mac port
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 19:26:33 -0500

Hi Xu and Emacsers.
On Mon, 04 Jan 2016 17:31:04 -0500,
Xu Xin wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Random832 <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Chad Brown <address@hidden> writes:
> >> In case it wasn’t clear, this code just turns on a basic OS feature that
> >> is built in to MacOS. The code isn’t creating animations for emacs or
> >> adding animation support to the OS.
> >
> > It's not clear from the description here what the animations are or when
> > they are used. From a description elsewhere it sounds like it uses a
> > "sliding pages" effect for switching buffers with certain mouse
> > gestures? Is there anything else?
> >
> > Incidentally, I did find some information suggesting that GNUstep is
> > planning work and/or has done work on CoreAnimation.
> >
> > http://heronsperch.blogspot.com/2013/06/gnustep-mythbusting.html
> > https://github.com/gnustep/quartzcore
> >

> > Does anyone here use ns-emacs on GNUstep?
> Also would like to know the answer. Just for my curiousness.

In the past. I have tried it on GNU/Linux with window maker
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Window_Maker

In my opinion, Some people from the Darwin side should try it on
GNU/Linux. It needs a lot of customization on GNU/Linux, for some old
images see (this bug was closed by Jan, and calendar did render perfectly):
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2014-07/msg00190.html

Jan  Djärv should have a better opinion than me. About this.

Before this experience. I had the idea than was not possible to run
ns-port on GNU/Linux. For improving It. It need more users (manpower).

Best Regards
ps: I am going to try to compile again and see how it renders now.