Re: Crash recovery strategies

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Crash recovery strategies
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 19:08:58 +0200

> From: Clément Pit--Claudel <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 11:37:06 -0500
>
> I never heard about session recovery before reading this thread.

See the node "Recover" in the Emacs manual, it is described there.

> When my Emacs crashes (so about twice a week) I use M-x recover-this-file
> after reopening the files that I was editing. Is Emacs supposed to do more
> that the recover-this-file prompts? Did I misconfigure something?

When you start Emacs as "emacs -q" (lower-case 'q'), it should show a
prominent message saying this:

  Auto-save file lists were found.  If an Emacs session crashed recently,
  type M-x recover-session RET to recover the files you were editing.