Re: Emacs touch interface

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: Emacs touch interface
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 20:09:18 +0100

> Multitouch and gestures on GNU/Linux is a rather painful subject,
> apparently.  If you google for it, you get a lot of outdated
> information, but apparently the modern way to get access to gestures is
> via a library called "geis":
>
> http://people.canonical.com/~stephenwebb/geis-v2-api/using_geis_v1.html

Some gestures are built into GTK3/Gnome-Shell, e.g.:

     https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/Gestures.html
     https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Mutter/Gestures
     https://wiki.gnome.org/Design/OS/Gestures
     https://help.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/3.14/touchscreen-gestures.html.en

I don't know if they can easily be used in Emacs...

Rasmus

--
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?