Re: find-file-project

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: find-file-project
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 03:29:09 +0200

Hi Stefan,

On 09/18/2015 08:07 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Of course, project-find-file could wrap the backend's completion table
so as to add its own `category' info to the meatadata, but
it's cumbersome.

Getting back to the question of the new category, do you think `project-file' is a good enough name?

Could we want to reuse it for non-project, or non-file completions, in the future?

Here's the basic patch that I want to install, which should be enough to introduce the feature in 25.1 (to make project.el reasonably interesting at least for some fraction of users).

Using partial-completion here requires starting input with a slash, but that's still better than no partial completion at all.