Re: Can we not introduce frivolous indentation change to define-minor-mo

From: Leo Liu
Subject: Re: Can we not introduce frivolous indentation change to define-minor-mode?
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 19:50:33 +0800

Hi Oleh,

On 2016-01-06 10:14 +0100, Oleh Krehel wrote:
> I added an (indent 1) statement around a year ago. The reason is that it
> didn't have one before, and that (indent 1) is obviously the correct
> indentation level.
>
> Every `define-minor-mode' statement in the core (and org-mode, and most
> of ELPA) already obeys the (intent 1) convention. It seems that you were
> defining minor modes in your config (and ELPA) with nil instead of the
> docstring. I suggest to either add a docstring or put a newline after
> the minor mode name.
>
> Oleh

The doc-string generated by define-minor-mode is fine in many cases so
`nil' is legitimate. Secondly those forms already indent correctly
without introducing (indent 1). What (indent 1) does is penalise people
like me whose years-old code now indents differently. If there are no
good reasons I'd like to revert the change to keep the behaviour
consistent with previous emacsen. WDYT?

Leo