Re: find-file-project

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: find-file-project
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2016 13:58:37 -0600

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> On 01/07/2016 10:12 AM, Stephen Leake wrote:
>
>> Attached is my implementation of locate-uniquified-file, which addresses
>> this. That can be used to implement project-find-file.
>>
>> It uses a "path iterator" object, to avoid the issue of recursive
>> path vs non-recursive path.
>
> Thanks, I'll have to play with it.
>
> Does it handle ignores?

Yes, in the path iterator object.

> How's the performance in the Emacs repository?

There is a noticeable delay, mostly due to computing the partial
completion (before I added that, there was no noticeable delay).

This is a pure elisp implementation. However, the path iterator object
could provide the directory list to the subprocess find function as
well.

--
-- Stephe