Re: 4K Bugs

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: 4K Bugs
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2016 13:52:25 +1100

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your response!

Again, there is the README.

i didn't even think to actively look for a distinct README! i typically look for such information by moving point to the package name in the `package-list-packages` list, then pressing RET (`describe-package`). For the packages i maintain, doing so opens a buffer showing, amongst other things, the 'Commentary' section of the package headers, which is where i maintain user-level documentation. (i use the `el2markdown` package to create a README.md file from this section for GitHub.) When i do that for the `debbugs` package, the 'Commentary' section of `debbugs.el` isn't displayed at all, for some reason. And although `debbugs-gnu.el` does have an extensive 'Commentary' section, that's not accessible via `describe-package`.

At any rate, thanks for the heads-up about the README; i'll certainly remember to look for such docs in the future.

As said, for bugs marked "done" this might be the better default. Bugs marked "unreproducible" are prominent candidates to be marked also as "done", therefore they shouldn't be suppressed I believe.

*nod* Okay, good point.

Yes, a short message "Control message foo sent" might beuseful. Will do.

Thanks!

I've mentioned the User Guide in the README now. And in the Programmer's Guide, I've added a link to the User Guide.

Great, thank you. :-)

Alexis.