Re: tags-loop-continue

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: tags-loop-continue
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 07:00:40 +0300

On 01/10/2016 06:45 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

tags-loop-continue is also used by Dired, see 'A' and 'Q' in
"Operating on Files".

I'm fairly sure these commands are more obscure, and used considerably less frequently than find-tag, or xref-find-definitions that's poised to replace it. C-, is too nice a key binding to spend on them.

If we want to retain some global binding for tags-loop-continue, let's move it to C-*.

Look at this from the user's POV: these two commands, as well as
tags-search and tags-query-replace, are still available, so users will
expect to be able to continue them as they did before.  How can we
explain to them that the keybinding for that command changed?

In the NEWS file, and in the manual?

Other than that, what technical solution is used to keep the command
and its keybinding available is unimportant, I think.

It doesn't seem like tags-search uses any special keymap during its execution.