Re: A line-blinking library in ELPA?

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: A line-blinking library in ELPA?
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 02:20:17 -0200

On Jan 9, 2016 10:51 PM, "Clément Pit--Claudel" <address@hidden> wrote:
> I could:
> * make my package depend on beacon (written by Artur), and use beacon-blink.

Note that beacon depends on Emacs 24, so I don't know if it would help you.

> Given the number of re-implementations of that
> feature, maybe this functionality would be a good candidate for an ELPA package?
> I imagine it might be hard to do for xref-pulse-momentarily since core needs it
> (and we don't have core ELPA yet), so maybe beacon-blink? Artur, what do you
> think?

I'm not sure what you're asking. Beacon is on GNU Elpa, isn't it?

As for `xref-pulse-momentarily'... We could make pulse.el available on Gelpa (if it isn't already) without moving it out of core. Gelpa supports that now.

Cheers,
Artur