RE: tags-loop-continue

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: tags-loop-continue
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 09:53:51 -0800 (PST)

> > What makes you "fairly sure" of that?  FWIW, my own guess
> > is that `A' and `Q' in Dired are heavily used.  (As they
> > should be.)
>
> They could be used, but apparently not in conjunction with
> tags-loop-continue.
>
> Just how much time has passed since we've given the tags-loop-continue's
> binding to xref-pop-marker-stack before this question has come up?
>
> And we're not talking about it because a user complained. We're
> discussing it because we've been reminded of it while updating the
> documentation.

That's poor reasoning, IMO.  How many users have used
`xref-pop-marker-stack'?

The absence of user complaints during a period when the
thing about which you are counting complaints is not
even present in a release is hardly something to go by.

_Zero_ time has passed since Emacs has been released
with your new feature.  _You_, as its developer, might
be zealously impatient and feel that a long time has
passed, but in fact no time has passed at all.  Your
feature has not even been released to users.