Re: A proposal for removing obsolete packages

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: A proposal for removing obsolete packages
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 23:09:13 +0000

>   > Also, can you give an example of something that is obsolete but
>   > shouldn't be removed?  That might help me understand your concern.
>
> defadvice might be a good example.

Perhaps we need an intermediate directory, called "deprecated". Not
obsolete, should probably still autoload -- putting defadvice into
obsolete will break some packages for this reason alone, but should
produce warnings.

The intention would be that "deprecated" packages would move to
"obsolete" there after.

Phil