Re: Adding gnome-minor-mode to ELPA

From: Daiki Ueno
Subject: Re: Adding gnome-minor-mode to ELPA
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 11:44:32 +0900

Artur Malabarba <address@hidden> writes:

> On 17 Jan 2016 3:33 am, "Daiki Ueno" <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I would like to import my package gnome-minor-mode to GNU:
>> https://github.com/ueno/gnome-minor-mode
>>
>> It is a tiny minor-mode to help editing "GNOME-style" C source code,
>> which requires special alignment rules for header files and function
>> arguments:
>
> IIRC, cc-mode has several built-in styles for brackets and
> indentation. Could this gnome-style be implemented as one of those?

Perhaps, or as a style of align.el, as the GNOME documentation mentions
M-x align.  However, it's beyond my expertise and I would be grateful if
anyone could help me out.

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Go right ahead, just add it to elpa.git (check the README file there
> for some info of how it works).

I actually have read it, and noticed that it now suggests to send an
email to emacs-devel to avoid any duplicate effort, etc - that is why
I'm sending this; sorry for that I didn't strictly follow the email
format described there.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno