Re: Merging the xwidget branch

From: joakim
Subject: Re: Merging the xwidget branch
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 08:28:58 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: address@hidden
>> Cc: address@hidden
>> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 21:03:12 +0100
>>
>> I have made a patch to be applied to emacs-25.
>> http://www.verona.se/xwidget_mvp.diff>
>> Basically I just made a diff between master and xwidget_mvp, and ignored
>> whitespace diffs. To test it I applied it to emacs-25 using patch. It
>> applied cleanly, except for a trivial rejected hunk in keyboard.c, which
>> I fixed in the patch. I then retested.
>>
>> I tried building withouth xwidget enabled, and with.
>>
>> Could you help with applying the patch, or otherwise state how we should
>> proceed?
>
> What kind of help do you need with the patch?  If it applies cleanly
> to the emacs-25 branch, just apply it, make sure you write a good
> commit log message that describes the changes, and push.
>
> If anything else is needed, please tell.

I'm not familiar enough with the new commit log conventions.
I'm supposed to write a commit log entry rather than changelog entries
right?

If I can just have some suport regarding the commit message, I think I
can just push.

I have the tentative changelog messages included below.

* NEWS
** Xwidgets : A new feature for embedding native widgets
inside Emacs buffers. If you have gtk3 and webkit-devel installed,
you can try the embedded webkit browser with m-x xwidget-webkit-browse-url.

* lisp/Changelog
#+BEGIN_SRC change-log
2015-02-01  Grégoire Jadi  <address@hidden>

        * xwidget.el: Improvements to the Xwidget feature.

2015-02-01  Joakim Verona  <address@hidden>

        * xwidget.el: New file with support for the new Xwidget
          feature.
#+END_SRC
* src/Changelog
#+BEGIN_SRC change-log
2015-02-01  Grégoire Jadi  <address@hidden>

        Various improvements to the Xwidget feature.
        * xwidgets.c:
        * emacsgtkfixed.c:

2015-02-01  Joakim Verona  <address@hidden>

        New files for xwidgets:
        * xwidget.c, xwidget.h:
        Support for the new Xwidget feature.
        * window.c, Makefile.in, buffer.c, dispextern.h, dispnew.c, emacs.c:
        * emacsgtkfixed.c, emacsgtkfixed.h, keyboard.c, lisp.h, print.c:
        * termhooks.h, window.c, xdisp.c, xterm.c
#+END_SRC
* Changelog
#+BEGIN_SRC change-log
2015-02-01  Joakim Verona  <address@hidden>