Re: Adding gnome-minor-mode to ELPA

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Adding gnome-minor-mode to ELPA
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 20:48:56 +0000

Daiki Ueno <address@hidden> writes:

>> IIRC, cc-mode has several built-in styles for brackets and
>> indentation. Could this gnome-style be implemented as one of those?
>
> Perhaps, or as a style of align.el, as the GNOME documentation mentions
> M-x align.  However, it's beyond my expertise and I would be grateful if
> anyone could help me out.

Don't worry about it, I was mostly just shooting the dark. A minor-mode
sounds perfectly fine.

On a second topic, I do agree with Bill. The name sounds like something
about improving integration between Emacs and Gnome. I'd suggest
something like `gnome-c-style.el' or `gnome-cc.el', but it's up to you.

> Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Go right ahead, just add it to elpa.git (check the README file there
>> for some info of how it works).
>
> I actually have read it, and noticed that it now suggests to send an
> email to emacs-devel to avoid any duplicate effort, etc

Indeed, thanks for the notification.

> sorry for that I didn't strictly follow the email
> format described there.

No problem. Do you know how to add your package?