Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 f8208b6: Document the user-level features of

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 f8208b6: Document the user-level features of the Xref package
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 00:53:19 +0300

On 01/19/2016 08:41 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Some of the discussion we had before was about the structure of this
section.  You cannot see the structure from the diffs, which is why I
suggested to read the formatted manual.

Yes, but I didn't offer any particular opinion on that. It seems good enough, although I'd remove, or move out, the references to etags commands: the section is named Xref, tags-* commands are not part of it.

With the two new additions, we could feel more confident doing that.

There's no direct counterpart to tags-search, but I think it can be adequately replaced with dired-do-find-regexp or project-or-external-find-regexp.

In any case, changing terminology in that subsection means a serious
rewrite of it in its entirety.  I see no reason for such an effort.  I
moved the offending sentence to a footnote (with some explanation why
we change terminology in this subsection), so people who already know
what "tag" is will need not stumble upon this.

Fair enough. Thanks for considering it.