Re: emacs-25 7c1f66a: Support for the new Xwidget feature.

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: emacs-25 7c1f66a: Support for the new Xwidget feature.
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 23:04:52 +0100

I also tried it on my Ubuntu 15.10 laptop, and it works without a hitch
there.

Hm...  I'm wondering if I could use this in eww just to embed video
objects and the like...  Hm...  I see that Youtube embeds are done as
iframes, but one doesn't really know what's inside those iframes before
they are loaded.  eww doesn't do iframes at all, but I guess it could.

But it doesn't really help with determining whether the contents of the
frame is a video or not -- all that's done by a Javascript blob.

Perhaps some heuristics to figure out the xwidget handover.

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud.  :-)