Re: A proposal for removing obsolete packages

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: A proposal for removing obsolete packages
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 19:49:18 +0200

> From: Andrew Hyatt <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 17:05:01 +0000
>
> Specifically, we can, at the start of a major release, put out a list of all
> obsolete functionality that the maintainer feels is safe to delete, and ask if
> anyone has objections to deleting them.

I think all John (and Richard) are saying is that the person who puts
out that list should him/herself make judgment calls about the items,
and perhaps remove some of them from the list even without asking.

As long as the removal is not done by a program, but by humans, I
think considering each candidate before producing the list is a
reasonable compromise.