Re: Next release from master

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Next release from master
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 19:58:06 +0200

> From: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 12:35:15 -0500
>
> FWIW, I just want to echo the above (which reiterates the policy from
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2014-09/msg00872.html ,
> which was accepted without much debate at the time).

It was "accepted without much debate" because no debate was
acceptable:

  I'll stop listening to this thread starting right about now, but don't
  let that stop you wasting your time debating at length about this boring
  subject,

In any case, we are nowhere near Emacs 25.4, so whatever decision
was obviously correct when we were after 4 24.x releases is not
necessarily TRT now.

And I will echo myself once again: please let John have enough time to
make up his own mind on this.  He deserves that.

> Long story short: if agreed, please renumber master to 26.0.50 asap.

I see no reason to make any such decision ASAP.  (I also don't object
to doing it soon.)