Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 5152b21 1/2: ; ChangeLog fixes

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 5152b21 1/2: ; ChangeLog fixes
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 17:21:16 +0100

>> I can make it happen by doing ‘add-change-log-entry-other-window’ from
>> another instance of Emacs than the one that gets changed.
>
> Why does it matter? Does another instance run an older version of Emacs?

I misread the diff.  When I do ‘add-change-log-entry-other-window’ for a
file in another Emacs instance, it inserts the path relative to the
source directory of the current instance.  So instead of something like

* src/nsterm.m (windowDidResize:, toggleFullScreen:):

I get, for example, something like

* ../trunk/src/nsterm.m (windowDidResize:, toggleFullScreen:):

in the ChangeLog file of my current instance.  Which is implicitly
correct but hardly useful for the commit message.

martin