Re: How to update the ChangeLog files in emacs-25?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: How to update the ChangeLog files in emacs-25?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 11:07:49 -0500

>>> Ok, I'll remove the check then if that's ok with you.
>> Better keep the check and just override it locally for this one time.
> But then it means to me that updating the ChangeLogs on emacs-25 is something
> that we should avoid doing,

Indeed we should (where possible), because it creates merge conflicts
when the branch is merged back into master.

> which sounds strange (and I'll have to do it for each pretest, then RC
> and release, so it looks like it's something that we should allow).

I understand that.  So either you temporarily override the check
(deciding that it's worthwhile to cause conflicts further down), or you
find a new way that avoids the conflicts (e.g. putting the ChangeLog
entries in a different file from the one used in master).

        Stefan