Re: Asynchronous DNS

From: Elias Mårtenson
Subject: Re: Asynchronous DNS
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 01:15:56 +0800

On 25 Jan 2016 23:51, "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> wrote:

> The challenge with this scheme is to come up with the way to add an
> event to the Emacs event queue from another thread.  Once the event is
> in the queue, all the rest is simple.  However, the event queue is not
> currently designed to accept events from other threads.
>
> Maybe you should take a look at the concurrency branch.

I did something similar in a different project, and I solved that by creating a pipe so that the main thread's event handler (which was blocking on a select() call) could be notified that the worker thread wanted to send a message to the main loop.

Isn't Emacs doing something similar, and if so, couldn't the same mechanism be used?

Regards,
Elias