[gdb(-mi)] Output of debugee not redirected to *input/output of ...* buf

From: Christian Schwarzgruber
Subject: [gdb(-mi)] Output of debugee not redirected to *input/output of ...* buffer when starting gdb via a script
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 20:26:31 +0100

Hello everybody,

I have question about `gdb(-mi)' in emacs 24.5. I have written a bash debug
wrapper script do choose between various front-ends and do some other stuff.
When I do; M-x gdb RET; delete the default value; enter the script name along
with the other optional parameters, and hit enter. Everything gets initialized
successfully. Debugging the program works as well.

Example:
  Run gdb (like this) dscript --cd=/path/to/the/executable executable ...

However, the output of the debugee gets not redirected to the *input/output of
...* buffer. Does someone know what the cause could be. Or how to further triage
this problem/(bug?).

NOTE:
  (gdb) show inferior-tty
  shows the correct tty value, i.e. the tty of the *input/output of ...* buffer.

Thank you for your help!

--
Christian Schwarzgruber
E: address@hidden