Re: [gdb(-mi)] Output of debugee not redirected to *input/output of ...*

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [gdb(-mi)] Output of debugee not redirected to *input/output of ...* buffer when starting gdb via a script
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 22:14:54 +0200

> From: Christian Schwarzgruber <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 20:26:31 +0100
>
> I have question about `gdb(-mi)' in emacs 24.5. I have written a bash debug
> wrapper script do choose between various front-ends and do some other stuff.
> When I do; M-x gdb RET; delete the default value; enter the script name along
> with the other optional parameters, and hit enter. Everything gets initialized
> successfully. Debugging the program works as well.
>
> Example:
>   Run gdb (like this) dscript --cd=/path/to/the/executable executable ...
>
> However, the output of the debugee gets not redirected to the *input/output of
> ...* buffer. Does someone know what the cause could be. Or how to further
> triage
> this problem/(bug?).
>
> NOTE:
>   (gdb) show inferior-tty
>   shows the correct tty value, i.e. the tty of the *input/output of ...*
> buffer.

You didn't say what does your dscript do to run GDB.  It's hard to
answer your questions without knowing that.  For starters, does it
invoke GDB with the -i=mi command-line switch?  If not, that's your
first problem.

Also, if you invoke GDB directly like the default prompt suggests,
does the problem go away?