Re: Moving Gnus development to Emacs?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: Moving Gnus development to Emacs?
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 07:45:35 -0500

> After the discussion here, I think I've decided to move Gnus development
> to Emacs and Emacsify the code for greater readability.

I see your point, but I think it's really unfortunate to not maintain
compatibility for at least the current actual release of emacs.  I
really don't like to run development snapshots of most things -- only a
few things that I decide it's worth the stability risk.  So basically
I'm suggesting maintaining compat for emacs 24 now, and when 25 is
released, maintaining 25 compat on the head of development.

This will make it easier for more people to track gnus development,
which I think will help gnus.