Re: make project--find-in-file generic, add interactive filename to proj

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: make project--find-in-file generic, add interactive filename to project-find-file
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 17:44:05 -0500

>> So, we want to check it only if it's actually returned.  Sounds right.
> I don't follow.
> Do you mean returned by completing-read?

Yes.  The DEFAULT would used in 3 places, basically:
- the prompt
- M-n
- RET
And it'd be checked only in RET (basically, the RET case would behave
similarly to `M-n RET').

> I'd prefer not to allow the user to input it as-is (we call
> completing-read with REQUIRE-MATCH t).

That's what I mean by "check".

> If I pass filename-at-point as DEFAULT, I don't get either of these items.

Not with completing-read, no.  But the new function would do that (as
well as change the calling convention so it'd be in charge of adding
DEFAULT into the prompt).

        Stefan