Re: Entering Unicode characters

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: Entering Unicode characters
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 08:16:10 +0900

>>> What I see is the character I need to type to get something I don't
>>> see.
>>
>> ??? What I see is the inputs I can type _and_ the characters that will
>> be inserted when I type each input, including the dotless i character.
>
> Sorry, I see that for turkish-postfix, but not for ex. for latin-1-postfix,
> where the resulting character is not displayed.

After checking the turkish-postfix input method, I noticed that the only
character that is displayed "a la OSX" is the "i". All the other characters for
which there are variants are *not* displayed and only their composing
characters are. So emacs is actually *not* displaying resulting characters.

What I suggested would be an improvement is, for ex in latin-1-postfix, to have
the following display when you hit "a":

a["'/^_`~] 1.ä 2.á 3.å 4.â 5.ª 6.à 7.ã

right now you only have:

Jean-Christophe