Re: xref and displaying locations in appropriate window or frame

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: xref and displaying locations in appropriate window or frame
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 04:57:04 +0300

On 01/28/2016 12:42 PM, martin rudalics wrote:

Sorry if I misinterpreted things.  Alas, the ‘next-error’ discussion so
far escaped my attention.  Any reassessment of what it's supposed to do
and how that is related to showing something in a window would be highly
welcome.  The thread of bug#20489 is too confusing for me.  At the very
least, the term ‘next-error’ for xref sounds like a misnomer to me.

Lots of modes integrate with `next-error': not only Compilation, but also Grep, Occur, ChangeLog, and others.

Having Grep in that list seems particularly relevant.