Re: Emacs pretest 25.0.90

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 25.0.90
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 18:05:13 +0200

> From: Tom <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 09:33:07 +0000 (UTC)
>
> Nicolas Petton <nicolas <at> petton.fr> writes:
> >
> > I understand, but I don't have a Windows machine at hand.  Would you, or
> > someone else, would like to do the build?
> >

> Isn't cross compilation an option?

No, Emacs doesn't support cross compilation (because building Emacs
needs to run temacs on the target platform).

Besides, doing that still requires a volunteer: to install the
necessary cross-development tools, build the binaries, answer
questions about problems, convert backtraces into line numbers, etc.
Volunteers are still welcome, TIA.