RE: Emacs pretest 25.0.90

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Emacs pretest 25.0.90
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 10:36:08 -0800 (PST)

> > > After doing that, I got what seemed like a full-page, opt-in for
> > > "FREE UnzipApp (TM)
> > > Chrome New Tab and UnzipApp (TM) Supporting Application"
> >
> > I do not get that.
> >
> > It's strange that clicking the sourceforge link takes you directly to
> > free.unzipapp.com.  See if installing the Adblock Plus extension on
> > Chrome fixes this problem. If it doesn't get fixed, then I suspect
> > that that forced redirection is due to some sort of malware on your
> > PC.

No, I'm pretty sure that my laptop has no malware on it.

However, if I had clicked to accept this crap (in order to get
the Emacs pretest download), then I might well have gotten
infected with malware. ;-)

It is a shame that GNU Emacs no longer distributes an MS Windows
pretest binary.  I understand that there is a shortage of volunteer
resources, but it is a shame nonetheless.

> You may want to $internet-search for "sourceforge malware".

Indeed.

FWIW, I am not getting that blocking advertisement right now, when
I use http://sourceforge.net/projects/emacsbinw64/ and I click the
green button
http://sourceforge.net/projects/emacsbinw64/files/latest/download.

Perhaps something was changed in the last hour or two?  Or perhaps
it is served up randomly?  Dunno.