Re: Recommend these .gitconfig settings for git integrity.

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Recommend these .gitconfig settings for git integrity.
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 00:02:10 -0800

On 02/01/2016 12:28 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
It's a general security-related issue

As I understand things it's more general than that. Setting transfer.fsckObjects also catches things like transmission and storage errors.

Should we pay the checking overhead to catch these reliability and security problems? That's the question. Emacs developers who are using this setting report that the overhead is small enough as to not be a significant issue, which suggests that the extra checking is a good idea.

that Emacs shouldn't force on its users.

The script is intended to be run only by Emacs developers, and is optional even for developers. It's certainly not forcing anything on Emacs users.