Re: BuGit

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: BuGit
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 22:30:09 +0300

On 02/02/2016 06:09 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

    https://gitlab.com/monnier/bugit

It's still primitive (only the command-line UI and the email
notification system are more or less complete: the web UI is still
read-only, and there is no email UI at all).

Looks like an interesting experiment.

These lines look a bit contradictory to me:

> ...the user can also share the same repository with the main project.

> Every issue lives in its own branch named bugit/<id>.

I imagine it might be uncomfortable working on a project which contains thousands of branches. You do a pull--and Git shows you all the remotes that have changed. With lots of branches, that would be a lot of output, even if you don't check them out locally.

Not sure if there's an option to ignore only certain branches, for certain commands.