Re: Recommend these .gitconfig settings for git integrity.

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Recommend these .gitconfig settings for git integrity.
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 18:26:38 -0800

On 02/02/2016 06:16 PM, John Wiegley wrote:
Yes, please revert this change.

I did that, about a dozen minutes before you sent your email.

Although I have some further changes planned, (1) I plan to install them on the master branch and leave emacs-25 alone, and (2) I plan to arrange things so that running the command './autogen.sh' does not change the git configuration. That is, git configuration changes will be done by running autogen.sh with an explicit argument, with the default being to leave git configuration alone. This should be enough to allay the reasonable concerns expressed in this area.