Re: BuGit

From: Aurélien Aptel
Subject: Re: BuGit
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 11:37:09 +0100

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 5:43 PM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
> So I'll probably use Python for that (I actually expect most of the code
> to be rewritten in Python over time), where it should actually be fairly
> easy to write the email UI.  All we really need is, give a single
> email:

You probably don't want to handle the actual sending&receiving part
yourself. It's much more arcane and complex than it seems. That means
you have to setup an MDA and configure it so that it calls your stuff
when it recieves emails (unless you want to do polling...). You will
need to configure a test setup for developement where you can send and
receive fake mails, etc. For some reason most MDA are terrible to use
and configure. Maybe it's because I'm not well versed in all of this
but for me all of this is still a PITA.