Re: Character folding in the pretest

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Character folding in the pretest
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 16:32:46 -0500

  > It would make sense to have the default based on the session's locale,

Maybe the locale should be the ultimate default, but I think we should
try to tie this to something else people specify in Emacs.

We have something called the language environment that we could
connect this to.

Perhaps we need another temporary and buffer-specific language setting.
It could control this, select the spelling dictionary, select a default
input method, and more.

--
Dr Richard Stallman