Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 b99141d: Make erc completion case-insensitive

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 b99141d: Make erc completion case-insensitive again
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 08:54:54 -0500

> Hm...  If I do the following in pcomplete-completions-at-point
>
> -          (list beg (point) table
> +          (list beg (point)
> +                (lambda (s p a)
> +                  (let ((completion-ignore-case t))
> +                    (complete-with-action a table s p)))
>
> it still doesn't give me case-insensitive completion...

Hmm... so we have a problem.  BTW, you don't need the above, you can
just do the following for a test:

          (when t;;pcomplete-ignore-case
            (setq table (completion-table-case-fold table)))

Or alternatively set pcomplete-ignore-case to t.  And indeed, in my test
it did not make the completion case-sensitive.

But fixing it with a new command isn't right, because
completion-at-point is called from various places.

It looks like the core of the problem is that completion-table-case-fold
doesn't work.

For the emacs-25 branch, the better fix is probably to set
completion-ignore-case to t buffer-locally in ERC's major mode.

        Stefan