Re: Notify region-extract-function change in NEWS?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Notify region-extract-function change in NEWS?
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2016 04:08:28 +0000

Thanks Juri.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 8:13 PM Juri Linkov <address@hidden> wrote:
A better way to do that is to override the default value of
region-extract-function using add-function.
You could find some examples of add-function usages in
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?h=emacs-25&id=31f6e939334180add7bc11240343615a2e6350f6

I have reimplemented my earlier redefinition of region-extract-function using add-function: https://github.com/kaushalmodi/.emacs.d/blob/78ed92f384bac8ef2f3a4ec2faf61a21814475cd/setup-files/setup-editing.el#L744-L766

and it seems to work fine as before, but with lesser lines of code! :)

So just to be clear, using add-function makes the region-extract-function tweaks a bit concise. But I would still need to update this if and when the region-extract-function default value changes in future. For instance, here I needed to have the "(not (eq delete 'bounds))" condition to match what was recently added to that var.

Kaushal