Re: On language-dependent defaults for character-folding

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: On language-dependent defaults for character-folding
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 09:54:07 -0800

On 02/09/2016 09:39 AM, Pierpaolo Bernardi wrote:
So, if I'm using my laptop on which I use a US-international layout I
will get no folding for any character in Latin-1

That's not what Artur's saying. The layout of the keyboard hardware is not the same thing as the language that the user can easily type in.

I agree with Artur's point: typically, searching convenience depends more on the language of the user doing the searching than on the language of the document being searched.