Re: Using xwidget to play youtube videos

From: joakim
Subject: Re: Using xwidget to play youtube videos
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 09:03:59 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> writes:

> raman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Nice! Once the Youtube video starts playing, are you able to send it kbd
>> events from Emacs to cause rewind/forward etc to happen?
>
> I'm not sure.  Joakim?

It's not currently possible to send keyboard events as such at the gtk
level. Although that seemed easy enough to implement, I couldn't make it work
at the time.

It is posible, though, to use javascript snippets to control the
widget. This is the method that is used to fill textarea components in
the webkit widget with text from Emacs.

This method might also be used to simulate keyboard events in the
widget, here is a link I found:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/596481/simulate-javascript-key-events

--
Joakim Verona