Re: MELPA and rewriting history for the (git) repo

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: MELPA and rewriting history for the (git) repo
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 14:08:31 +0000

For MELPA, I don't think it would make any difference -- I think, it
just looks for changes in the hash and if it sees one generates the
latest version. It might cause a problem if it uses git update, rather
than a fresh clone for each checkout.

There are many good reasons not to rebase master, though.