Re: On language-dependent defaults for character-folding

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: On language-dependent defaults for character-folding
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 20:39:02 +0100

Clément Pit--Claudel <address@hidden> writes:

> I think your opinion is clear; so is that of other people in this
> thread. Don't generalize excessively, however: I don't think of text
> as a series of codes, but I do love the current default, and it meets
> many of my expectations.

Clément, as mentioned on my first message, I thought that
character-folding *could* be a good default until I found the n/ñ issue
and read what other people wrote about similar cases on their languages.
And even on its current state character-folding is something that can be
useful from time to time to me, so I'm glad that it exists.

But this is not about me. I can enable or disable any feature, at any
time, on my config. It's about developing Emacs, and that requires
thinking on what's good for our users (actual and future).