Re: On language-dependent defaults for character-folding

From: Per Starbäck
Subject: Re: On language-dependent defaults for character-folding
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 23:36:46 +0100

Eli wrote:
> If anything, for now I counted more people who
> said they liked it than those who didn't (5 vs 9, by my count).  I'm
> not saying we should already decide to leave it on, but turning it off
> is certainly premature.  Less than two weeks have passed since the
> pretest began, there's no rush.

Collecting feedback is good, but that counting seems pointless to me
if you are counting one person mentioning that people in locale X will
see that behaviour as buggy, dumb or completely oblivious to their
culture as offset by one person saying they like the feature. It's not
about liking the feature or not. We have to listen to what the
feedback says instead of just counting it.