Re: On language-dependent defaults for character-folding

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: On language-dependent defaults for character-folding
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2016 01:33:49 +0100

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

>> That's not easy to implement, though, as it seems that there is
>> controversy on some languages.
>
> Don't you agree that it is very convenient to type just ‘C-s naive’
> to find “naïve”?

Oh, yes, it is convenient, no doubt. As it is convenient to ask for `a'
and be given `á'. That is convenient to me at least as much as to
anybody else.

What I find flabbergasting is the insistence on ignoring the "some
cases will be regarded as glaring bugs" part.

This is beginning to turn into a study on psychological bias :-)

[snip]