Re: Using xwidget to play youtube videos

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Using xwidget to play youtube videos
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 11:42:48 +0100

On 2016-02-15, at 11:26, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

>   > In this case (user using youtube-dl to get the underlying link) is there
>   > even a contract to break? The user certainly never saw a contract.
>
> I once asked a lawyer about that.  The answer seems not to be clear.

Why am I not surprised...?

Once I mentioned some issue connected with the so-called "IP law" to
a colleague of mine (who holds some important position in the
academia).  He expressed his opinion about the need of shooting dead all
the lawyers.  While I'd prefer a less drastic approach (a pillory, for
instance, or plain old prison), I can see some reason behind it...

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University