Re: parinfer-mode for Emacs might be neat for encouraging Lisp adoption

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: parinfer-mode for Emacs might be neat for encouraging Lisp adoption
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 12:05:04 -0800

Christopher Allan Webber writes:

> Here's a project borrowing some neat ideas from Emacs and extensions
> (especially paredit) on lisp editing and providing some of its own
> ideas, too:
>
>   http://shaunlebron.github.io/parinfer/index.html
>
> I could imagine this could make GNU Emacs an even better lisp hacking
> environment for some than it already is, or make jumping in easier, for
> some people.  Maybe someone will be inspired and add a plugin for it?
> There's a space listed for editor implementations here:
>
>   http://shaunlebron.github.io/parinfer/index.html#editor-plugins
>
> I don't have time to work on this, but I imagine someone on this list
> might find it interesting enough to take for a spin, so I thought I'd
> post it here.  At the very least, it's clearly critical for GNU Emacs to
> be the most advanced lisp editing environment there is. ;)
>
>  - Chris

By the way, I had the good fortune to meet Shaun in person.  He was very
interested in seeing an emacs mode.  We talked a bit, I gave him some
pointers to some of the existing parenthesis navigation functions inside
of emacs.  Since then the Parinfer team (Shaun Williams and Chris
OakMan) have started some serious work on an emacs port:

  https://github.com/oakmac/parinfer-elisp

However, they aren't emacs users, and expressed they'd like help and
testing.  So there you are, if anyone is interested in diving in!

 - Chris